One of the responsibilities that owners have when caring for our dog is to put their food on a daily basis. Sometimes for work reasons or due to our pace of life we do not know if we will arrive home on time to feed our dog. For these cases, and not to skip any of your meals, an automatic dog feeder can be the ideal solution. Today we will know which are the best in the market, we will answer some frequently asked questions and we will give some buying tips.
What is an automatic dog feeder?
An automatic dog feeder is a device that automatically makes available to our dog a certain amount of food at the time we choose. To do so, they must be pre-programmed and plugged into the electrical network or have enough battery to operate. In the market, we can find a wide variety of automatic feeders. The most advanced allow even control from the mobile phone.
Why use an automatic feeder? When are they useful?
Surely you think that the feeders only serve to give food to our dog when we are not at home, but in fact it has many other advantages! Pay attention….
- They allow us to better control the quantities of food, controlling better the weight of our dog.
- They can be very useful for people with reduced mobility or for elderly people.
- Allows you to follow a meal schedule for your dog accurately.
- It takes away the worry of whether we will arrive home on time to feed our dog.
- We do not have to ask for favors from friends, family or neighbors who do the work.
Things to keep in mind when buying an automatic feeder
To have the device you really need, it is important that you look at a series of things before deciding on one or the other. This is the most important.
- Dimensions : it must have the right size for your dog. Large dogs will need larger feeders and larger capacity since they consume more food than small dogs.
- Capacity : automatic feeders have different capacities. The greater the capacity, the greater the number of meals. The quantities are usually expressed in liters or kilos.
- Programming: depending on our needs, perhaps a feeder that can be adjusted ratios and delivery times (usually done through an LCD screen)
- Security: they must have fixing or protection systems to avoid that your dog can overturn the device or access the food.
- Power source : must include batteries or batteries, since in case of a power failure it is important that they can continue to work.